Looking for some advice. I'm a high school teacher [M38] and a student of mine [F16] admitted to cutting herself in the past and now I've found out she's starving herself. I want to know the best approach to making myself available.
Just looking for some general do's and dont's. I'm not totally clueless but I'd love to hear about your experiences dealing with this type of thing.
There's only so much I can do as her teacher/coach but I'd just like to open the lines of communication while at the same time not being the tenth person to say "oh you poor victim, why don't you open up even more about this incredibly private matter."
The main reason I feel the desire to help is because we do get along and she did open up to me, without my prodding, about her history of cutting. So I feel like there's a small chance she wants my attention on the matter.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment