Sunday, December 24, 2017

New to comics. Looking for some help.

I'm new to the world of comics, but I've really been enjoying getting into the hobby.

I'm looking for some recommendations. I seem to gravitate to pulp action stories, old horror comics, occult, and superheros. Anything well written and not too heavy/serious is right up my alley.

I mostly borrow stuff from the library or a few buddies that collect. I will also buy some graphic novels.

Here's my reading list complete with crappy reviews in case it can help anyone else looking for what to read.

All-star Superman (5/5)

Paper girls (5/5)

Tom Strong (5/5)

Miracle Man (4/5)

Daredevil - Frank Miller (4/5)

The twelve (4/5 would have been higher but some of the art drove me nuts)

League of extraordinary gentleman vol I and II (4/5)

Swampthing - Alan Moore (5/5)

Hellboy (5/5 read most of these but probably not everything)

B.P.R.D (2/5)

Fear agent (3.5/5)

Sandman (4/5 read about half the tpb)

Sandman mystery theatre (5/5)

EC Horror comics (5/5 read most of these)

Hellblazer (4.5/5 read the first 30 or so issues)

Witchfinder (3/5)

Baltimore (3/5)

New gods (4/5)

Batman the killing joke (4.5/5)

Batman long Halloween (4.5/5)

Batman knightfall (3.5/5)

Gotham by gaslight (5/5)

Batman year 100 (5/5)

Dark Knight returns (5/5)

Providence (5/5)

V for vendetta (4/5)

Watchman (5/5)

Kingdom come (4/5)

1963 (4/5)

Transformers vs GI Joe (5/5 the crazy one)

Dc new frontier (4/5)

Civil war (3/5 didn't finish)

Sinestro corps war (4.5/5)

Infinity gauntlet (4/5)

I've read some old x-men and spiderman over the years but can't remember exactly what. There's probably some that I'm forgetting, but maybe that means I didn't like them very much .

New to comics. Looking for some help. Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team