Saturday, January 27, 2018

Dealing with ex partners with severe mental illness

My ex boyfriend tried to commit suicide yesterday and was taken to the hospital .

We broke up a year and a half ago but we’re on and off for a while. Never officially back together . Over the summer he found out I was dating other people and freaked out, but we got pst it and remained friends? I guess it wasn’t clear to him, even though I told him multiple times that I wanted him to date other people too , and he still kept holding out hope for us getting back together .

Earlier this month , he told me he couldn’t do this anymore , and was very insulting to me. I vented him on my private twitter which he somehow found; and yelled at me about it. Since then I blocked him and told him not to contact me again because I just figure sending a clear message was the best thing.

Yesterday I woke up to an angry email from him, accusing me of things I never did, and detailing how bad it was that I was dating other people while still hanging out with him (even though I acknowledged this and apologized if I was bad at communication well over seven months ago)

His email said a lot of terrible things about me , so I got very mad and responded that he not only violated my bouandries and told him to essentially “f off” and listed all the bad things he had done to me .

His friend messaged me yesterday for his address, because he was nervous ex would commit suicide and eventually was taken to the hospital.

I have my own mental struggles with depression / anxiety/ suicide / eating disorders and I did lash out him yesterday, when I know a normal person would have just ignored the message or not read it and I’m feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt that I am the one who put him in the suicide ward.

Does anyone have any experience with cutting out a person who is struggling with mental health so that you can continue to work on yours?

Dealing with ex partners with severe mental illness Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team