[Discussion] What did you think of Damage #1, the first New Age of Heroes Book?
I'll give my personal opinion first. I didn't like it.
It just felt like there was nothing gripping me to any of the characters. Damage had no personality. He was just a brute who was running around while his human side told him to stop. There wasn't even a "Hulk Smash" kind of thing to give the monster side some character. The human side didn't really do much to give personality either. The former comrade (?) who wished he was Damage felt so tacked on that I honestly think that (since the artist drew this without the writer's input) that the writer just made that up to make the battle seem less pointless. Like, the artist drew the fight and the writer just made up this connection in a madlibs kind of way in the hopes the reader would be interested.
I have no interest to see him fight (spoilers) Suicide Squad (spoilers) at all. I mean, really, who even is Damage? Like I said, I can't even list one trait about him.
Not the best start for the New Age of Heroes. Holding out hope for the Terrifics because I like Black Hammer. Also hoping that Sideways is good because I like Spider-man. But, I really think this "artist first" approach is really going to hurt the series.
I was cautiously optimistic, but this really feels directionless and empty and I think a lot of it has to do with the writer essentially having to play madlibs with the art.
Oh well. How did everyone else feel?
0 comments:
Post a Comment