[Discussion][Spoilers]What do you all think of your pulls this week?
How did everyone feel about their comics this week?
This is how I felt:
For Marvel:
Seems like this was a poor issue of Blackbolt to jump in on. I had no reason to care, but it seemed well written enough. I'll stick around.
Spider-man is still a solid B series. Good, but not great.
Rogue/Gambit is so fucking contrived in its premise, even if it is fun. Seriously, super contrived. "So, this is a couple's resort so, Rogue, I got your ex-boyfriend and you assigned together on this one. Me and Colossus? Fuck no, I'm in charge, you do it! Cyclops and Jean, the two young ones? Well, Jean is dead, but we can't talk about that [technically, I should be in the negative zone...and dealing with phoenix Resurrection]. Literally ANY OTHER CURRENTLY HAPPY X-MEN RELATIONSHIP!? Oh, no, the fact your relationship is strained makes this more believable." Like, I don't know why they writer felt to write Kitty like this, but what the hell? So contrived.
X-Men Gold continues to be a solid 7/10.
Phoenix Resurrection feels like it has no direction. This is the second issue where the team splits up, searches the place, and we get glimpses of fake Jean. It feels like padding. Like, we already established last issue that dead people are coming back as sort-of ghosts so why introduce this again?
Captain America continues to be one of my favorite new series for understanding that it's important to just have easy to get into and east to get out of one-shots, even if this one actually does seem to be setting up a longer story.
For DC:
Supersons of Tomorrow is... as lackluster as I expected. Really feels like this whole thing was to build up a new villain that I can't really care about. It just feels like a panicked kid running around going "the future is awful! shoots superman I'm helping!" Actually, I wish he was more like that because that would be funny.
I am probably the only one reading Black Lightning, but I really can't get its message. Like, it's touching on a lot of politics, but it all runs together oddly. Like, it's trying to portray too many sides, even if I partially do agree with the idea that class and race division is, ultimately, a construct of the rich to breed division, maintain power, and grow their wealth. Oh, actually, now I do get its message. Took writing out this sentence to make it come together. Also, I think making a lizard person one of the bad guys in this rich cabal either a funny joke...or signs of the author's questionable mental stake.
They better not be killing off Emi, the Red Arrow!
Batman was good this week. Nothing amazing, but an interesting story. It's a decent one-shot, but the twist is OBVIOUS. Though, the reasoning and final line works well.
Batman: White Knight has fixed itself. I think it realized that it made a hiccup with the Mad Hatter and has corrected itself. It's still "superheroes are dumb" the comic, but it's a fun thought experiment.
I liked Batman And Signal and will see the miniseries to complete. Have no Earthly idea why "from the page of METAL" are on the cover. Signal predates Metal and nothing in ties in to Metal. That said, I finally get what Signal is about: he's the Batman of the Daytime. The guy who stops the day crimes of Gotham. Also, Gotham looks less...gothic during the day. It looks like, well, metropolis during the day. Really fits in with the whole "Metropolis is New York during the day, Gotham is New York at night."
Green Lanterns feels like I skipped an issue. I literally feel like an issue was supposed to exist between these two. It felt so much like a Part 3 that I had to check to twice that it was part 2. Maybe my memory just hazy on what happened in part 1.
Justice League was okay, but it is giving me Marvel: Civil War flashbacks and that's not a good thing.
For Valiant:
Secret Warriors #0 was okay. I enjoyed it, but wasn't wowed.
For my pick-up this week:
Bonehead #1 seems really just meandering. I like cyperpunk more and more, but it really just went nowhere and didn't have any point. That's my feelings at least.
How did everyone's comics go this week? Have some fun reads?
0 comments:
Post a Comment