Friday, January 26, 2018

Do I mention my depression’s been holding me back?

A film festival wants to feature my college thesis film on their website and interview me live on the internet. I’m extremely worried though, because I made that film almost 2 years ago and, since then, my depression has developed and I’ve been too busy fighting that to make any more films. I know they’re gonna ask what I’ve been up to in the interview and I don’t know what to say 😰 do I mention I’ve been dealing with mental stuff? Do I just answer very vaguely with something like “I’ve been doing stuff,” (which I don’t like doing, for reasons I’m not sure of yet).

I was recently in another film festival where I was asked, in front of a crowd, what I’ve been up to and what my plans are for what to do next. I ultimately lied and said I was working on a film and I felt really bad about that answer. I realize one of the reasons I said that was because a lot of my family was there, and I worry about “using depression as an excuse” in front of them. My family is also going to be watching this interview, so I’m just really anxious and worried.

Do I mention my depression’s been holding me back? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team