Saturday, January 27, 2018

Does anyone dockerize their dev tools?

I am learning about Docker. While it makes sense for my application pieces to be in containers, I am curious about my dev tools also.

Is it feasible and does it make sense to create a docker image where all my tools (e.g., Visual Studio, Code, SSMS, etc.) are dockerized?

I want to be able to keep my host OS clean. And be able to just install Docker on the host OS, and get up and running in minutes.

Is this a common practice, or am I just thinking about this all wrong?

NOTE: I am NOT saying to lump the tools INSIDE the SAME image as my application that would move to a production server. A separate image just saved on my machine, and hard drives.

Does anyone dockerize their dev tools? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team