Thursday, January 4, 2018

How to internet while starting therapy?

So about a week ago I posted about being in that horrible place between realising I needed help, and waiting for an actual appointment to see someone who could help me. (thanks u/mindis_moving for the support there)

So now I've actually seen a psychiatrist, who said he recognized elements of some sort of obsessive compulsive tendencies in me, paired with some sort of anxiety disorder. He put me on some anti anxiety meds until out next meeting, and he also referred me to a psychologist (which I've also just met) to begin CB therapy.

Now, how do you internet while in therapy? Especially when it comes it mental health. I'm always afraid of self-diagnosis, and convincing myself I suffer from every symptom from every disease known to man, and I know how easy it is to fall into that trap. Heck, the reason I know how easy it is to fall into that trap is because I looked up obsessive compulsive tendencies and read somewhere that getting it into your head that you suffer from x y or z is a common occurrence in people who suffer from OCD.

Yet historically, the internet's also been a great resource for me, a source for learning new things about the world and myself, for meeting new people with experiences similar to my own.

How do you guys deal with the balance? Obviously if you're here, on an internet forum for mental health, I'm hoping you have some insight on how to balance the two.

How to internet while starting therapy? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team