Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Is AbeBooks Legit?

Lately I've been looking for a textbook for my math class which from just about every site I've checked is about 100-150$ CAD, however, I recently stumbled across a website called AbeBooks that sold the book that I'm in the market for, for about 17$ USD + 14$ USD Shipping (Which comes to around 39$ CAD) Normally I would jump on a deal like that (if it was from a retailer that trust) but large contrast in price leaves me a bit suspicious.

From the research that I've done, I found a few review websites that that said to avoid the website like the plague, with stories such as retailers cancelling their orders and then replacing those orders but with massive increases to the shipping cost. On the other hand I saw a few other reddit posts where people had almost nothing negative to say about the website but said to be wary of the particular vendor that sells the book in question.

So I guess to wrap my question, is AbeBooks safe to use? Such as who processes the transaction (AbeBooks or the vendor)? And under the assumption that it is safe to use, how can I ensure that I don't end up with one of the "Horror stories" that those negative review websites talked about?

Edit/Side note: The vendor that sells the book is called "LowPriceBookDeals" and supposedly has a 5/5 star rating, however, I don't know how many products they have sold, and they only became a seller in July 2017.

Is AbeBooks Legit? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team