Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Is it normal for no-one to really tell you what could be wrong? All I know about my illness is the word schizophrenia.

I visited my psychologist/therapist a few days ago, and she told me only my psychiatrist can tell me my diagnosis and such. Today I visited my psychiatrist and he couldn't or didn't really tell me much, but I did keep asking. My previous psychiatrist (in the psych unit) just shrugged when I asked him about the schizophrenia diagnosis, and he didn't explain anything either.

I have no means of finding people with similar experiences online now.

I'm guessing they don't want me to label myself? I really don't understand this.

I have a lot of different symptoms that change over time.

Currently, due to a bad sertindole taper + caffeine, I'm having evening symptoms such as cold feet and hands, feelings of something being wrong (like I'm about to faint), hunger that comes on after meals, very disturbed sleep in which I wake up 2-3 times each night + I have dreams (not bad but not normal) every night without exception, sometimes it feels hard to breathe. I've been using lorazepam 2.5mg to cope, but I feel like I'll get worse over time on it.

I used to feel depressive or mentally tired, which caused feelings of anxiety (much like when you stop breathing for a while), and the anxiety turned into physical symptoms after mental overexertion. Physical symptoms such as numb hand/foot, pain in arm, arm movement connected to heart rate somehow. I had panic attacks after fainting once.

I'm writing the last few paragraphs in hopes I can find someone or a group with similar experiences.

Is it normal for no-one to really tell you what could be wrong? All I know about my illness is the word schizophrenia. Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team