Is it normal not to feel things most of the time?
Emotionally, I don't really feel anything most of the time. I've been this way my whole life and never really saw it as a big deal. It's not that I have no feelings and I'm actually pretty good at dealing with the feelings of others. I'm also pretty great at managing my own feelings when I feel them. It's just that if you asked me how I'm feeling at most points in the day I'd have no answer. Emotions in my experience are momentary abberations in an otherwise flat day.
I've always been fine with this.
But now I'm being told that you're supposed to be able to feel and to say how you feel all the time in terms beyond "fine" or "neutral" or "room temperature" or "nothing" all of which are great descriptors for my baseline.
Is this a problem?
0 comments:
Post a Comment