Thursday, January 4, 2018

My anxiety is why I haven’t eaten properly since 2016

During the course of 2016 I steadily had to cut out more and more food/drinks. I allowed myself a treat every now and then, but not often, and not without going through a strict regiment of cleaning my teeth afterwards. Towards the end of the year, I decided that the wisest thing to do would be to eat one meal every other year.

2017 was different. I became more relaxed and I started eating two meals per day, followed by a cleaning regiment that probably didn’t take much more than 15 minutes (as opposed to 40 minutes). Still, I stopped eating and drinking more and more stuff. Some of the stuff I had to cut out were: fruits and every kind of spice there is. It’s safe to say... there are a lot of things I enjoy that I will not even touch.

As the year progressed, I eventually went back to one meal per day. Towards the end of the year, I went back to every other day. The meals also became smaller. I went from your average meal to just a few sandwiches.

Now, in 2018, I am currently planning on going two days without eating. I will eat again on Friday, and I have no idea what I’ll eat. Perhaps it’ll be a few sandwiches, or perhaps a salad. Whatever it is... it can’t damage my teeth. Oh, and this year I also decided to stop taking cough mixture as I’m unsure of whether or not it can cause my teeth to become discolored. I will, however, take cough mixture if my doctor tells me too. But even then, I will only take a sip on the days I’m eating food. By the way, I seem to always have a cough.

Why are things the way they are? Well, I’m too afraid of damaging my teeth. Not only by whatever I consume, but also by my strict cleaning regiment which includes: flossing thoroughly, several times between all my teeth, brushing for 20-30 minutes, and rinsing with mouthwash that contains fluoride for a minute. All of this can damage my teeth, so I figured the best thing to do is to do this as little as possible. I know if I eat anything I will have to go through that whole ordeal. That’s why the best thing to do is to eat as little as possible. Like the title suggests... I haven’t had a day where I’ve eaten properly since 2016.

This is day one without eating. Tomorrow is day two. I’ll eat on Friday again. Am I starving? Oddly enough, I am. I tend to not get all that hungry. Going a day without food is usually not a problem at all. All of a sudden, it’s vaguely a problem when I decide that I need to step it up and go two days without eating! Argh, I’ll be fine. It’s not causing me too much problem. If anything, I’m more worried about tomorrow.

My anxiety is why I haven’t eaten properly since 2016 Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team