Short "manic" episodes while on antidepressants?
Hey guys. I'm hitting my 6mo. mark on escitalopram 10mg daily for mild to moderate chronic depression. While I feel much better, I have days when I feel extremely energetic. It started about 3 months in. I've always been a low energy person and some days I feel like I have a thousand thoughts racing at once along with the emotion associated with them. It feels like I had way too much coffee while not having had any. I have the urge to go out and run for miles on to burn that energy.
Yesterday was such a day. I ended up clearing everything video game related from my computer, social media and so on. I cleaned my desk up and tried to be productive with some degree of success. I actually wanted to make a change in my life. I couldn't fall asleep until 4am but that's mostly because of my poor schedule due to late night gaming...
Those episodes last a day or two after which I'm back to normal. I still can't help but wonder, has anyone else experienced that before? Is it me actually being "normal" again?
0 comments:
Post a Comment