What am I doing with my life?
I can’t figure anything out anymore. I had a nervous breakdown in June due to a build up of anxiety and stress. I’ve lived at home since graduating college two years ago, and worked at a job in my hometown. When I had the breakdown, I had to quit my job because I was paralyzed with anxiety - experienced derealization/DP and couldn’t function. I also felt intense emotions of rage and anger towards my parents, a lot of resentment.
Particularly towards my mom, I felt so angry because it felt like I could never be myself around her and open up to her. I think there’s a slight codependency thing going on with her, because I always felt like I had to be her emotional crutch.
I’ve been seeing a therapist since this all happened. I do feel like our sessions are helpful, but I’m so exhausted from everything that’s happened. I still deal with weekly panic attacks and depression.
I can’t tell what I want anymore. Do I keep working at therapy, do I get on antidepressants? Do I simply move out? It definitely felt like I wanted to get up and “break free” before, but now I’m so low and down. Don’t feel like myself.
Any advice or insight on this situation?
0 comments:
Post a Comment