Wednesday, January 17, 2018

What popular book did you keep reading even though you just weren't into it?

I've been reading Mary Karr's The Liar's Club. Before I read it, I heard a lot of good things about her (especially that she's friends with Jeffrey Eugenides, one of my favorite authors.) The tenth anniversary edition even has an award medal on the cover. So when I bought it, I was prepared to be wowed and intrigued. But so far, I'm just not feeling it. I don't like the element of suspense in the first chapter. It feels too vague. I'm also not that into the setting. And I guess I just don't really feel for the characters yet (I know, this is non-fic.) But I'm going to push on, hoping it clicks, soon. I've done that with a few books and it has paid off. What are you pushing through that you're just not that into?

What popular book did you keep reading even though you just weren't into it? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team