Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Running dotnet core basic console application using externalTerminal results in free(): invalid pointer error (VSCode, linux)

Basically what the title says, I created a new console application with the command: dotnet new console -n Test, and then launched with the "console": entry in my launch.json set to "externalTerminal" which results in this text after the program closes.

free(): invalid pointer

/usr/bin/bash: line 1: 16390 Aborted (core dumped) ''/home/kas/.vscode/extensions/ms-vscode.csharp-1.15.2/.debugger/vsdbg --interpreter=vscode --connection=/tmp/CoreFxPipe_vsdbg-ui-8a794cd27a89460382a0aa8e8257d913

I'm wondering if this is a bug that needs to be reported or not, and if so where I should report it to since I am unaware if it is the omnisharp plugin for VSCode that i'm using or if it is part of the dotnet sdk. Though, if I run with the "console": entry set to "internalConsole" it doesn't have this error. It also seems to be leaking memory when i get the error.

I'm running on arch linux with the latest version of the dotnet-sdk package installed.

Edit: If this isn't the right sub or there is more info needed just let me know.

Running dotnet core basic console application using externalTerminal results in free(): invalid pointer error (VSCode, linux) Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team