Manager trying to get back in the trenches
I've been a .Net developer for over 10 years. I've built dozens of different CRUD/LOB applications for larger companies, almost always leading the design and tech. 18 months ago I took on a manager role and while I liked a bit of that, I would really like to just get back to being fully hands on. Hands on manager roles seem particularly hard to find.
Unfortunately, during this time I wasn't as hands on and we didn't do a lot of external facing web type apps. But it seems like every .Net position I'm seeing lately requires JavaScript and Angular or some other framework. While none of that is difficult, it's not currently something I'm deeply skilled at. I'm working to refresh on those and don't think it will necessarily take too long, but I see positions that are otherwise interesting (company, industry, etc.) that I just hesitate to apply for because I don't have those things.
It's been 10 years since I last looked for work, but at the time companies were happy if you had an OK background and a good attitude. They were willing to take a chance that you'd come up to speed on things. Anyway, do companies still do that or do they always want everything they list?
Also, are there companies that do .Net but primarily on the backend or desktop? It feels a little daunting looking for a new job these days. I'd hate to think that with years of technology experience, my only option is to deliver pizza.
Any thoughts or direction I might look at?
0 comments:
Post a Comment