Friday, January 4, 2019

Need a better deployment method.

I an using asp.net core 2.2 for my website. My server is Ubuntu 16.04 and I use Nginx infront of Kestrel.

My current system of deployment is this:

  1. Run front-end build and wait for it to complete
  2. In visual studio run publish profile that published as self contained app to a folder
  3. Upload all files via FTP to server (sometimes just uploading changed files works but it can cause issues sometimes so I typically upload all files just to be safe so isn't very quick for small changes).
  4. Restart kestrel process over SSH

Is there a better way to do this?

This way means old deleted files like old bundles are left on the server and have to be manually deleted. I can't wipe all files before an upload because there are logs and flat files generated by my web app that need to be kept.

Any advice on improving this process?

Need a better deployment method. Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team