How do I help my mother? She's slowly starving herself and delusional
For a couple decades my mother has been getting increasingly delusional and restricting her diet more and more. She's completely dedicated her life to channeling books from spiritual beings, and has been convinced several times she was going to disappear into the 5th dimension, even almost got herself stranded on Mt Shasta looking for the entrance to Telos, to name a few things. She looks about 10 years older than she is from poor nutrition and refusing to use any sort of skin care and is currently eating mostly fruit and nuts. She's afraid of doctors and hospitals, therapists, and basically anyone involved with western medicine. So I count it as a victory I even got her to go to a doctor at all, the doctor is very worried about her health and very frustrated with my mother's inability to follow advice and constant self-diagnosing. Got her to go with me to a therapist for a short time before she got mad at the therapist and stopped going. Therapist believes she has ego-syntonic narcissism, and I could see that as a real possibility, but it just doesn't give me much help. She's approaching 70 and I'm really worried she's going to end up getting herself killed if she doesn't stop restricting her diet, she's basically afraid of food at the moment and claims everything she eats makes her uncomfortable. Her face is also full of precancerous spots that she refuses to get removed, I fear that if the starvation doesn't get her first cancer will. I feel like I'm herding cats when I'm trying to help my mom, is there any resources that I can turn to to figure out something to help me help her? I've talked to her about her issues many times, so has my dad, she's got a bubble around her that if you try and pop she gets very angry. Nothing sinks in, she's in her own little world and she's going to live to 200 and we are all just unenlightened... I just don't know what to do for her besides what I'm already struggling to do.
0 comments:
Post a Comment