Friday, January 19, 2018

Help: Hate therapist/First psychiatrist visit

Only my second time posting bear with me.

I have been in therapy for a few months but I blow off visits with my therapist all the time. She is nice as far as someone to just drone on about every day annoyances or surfaces level problems.

She never gives any feedback as far as any tools or suggestions of how to work through anything. The first visit I told her my main goal is to find healthier coping mechanisms. Not one suggestion. She talks about herself for AT LEAST 50% of the session. And not just an anecdote here or there but like goes into detail about her problems to the point where I'm giving her advice. I mean she's just like another girlfriend or one of my sisters to shoot the shit with and vent which I already have I'm looking for real help with anxiety and depression that consume my life and tp heal from old traumas that cause me suffering. Feeling waves of guilt and shame for no reason to the point where I want to crawl out of my skin.

We NEVER go into my past or any underlying issues where my trauma lies. I told her I was depressed in one visit she just says uh huh, uh huh. Then I miss 3 visits come back and tell her I'm getting cover for all my shifts and barely showering and thinking suicidal thoughts. She says, but you were just laughing and joking around, your voice isn't flat etc, etc, basically tells me I'm not depressed. I said ok well I think I might need meds or something because I feel like I'm gonna lose it. So that was back in early December and somehow I was lucky enough that someone canceled and I got in to see the psychiatrist for tomorrow.

Should I talk to my psychiatrist about my therapist? Are they going to care about any of my issues or just want to hear my symptoms and medicate me? I want to know if there's anthing I can do to prepare. I like to go in to things like this with notes because I can clam up and forget things, but I don't know where to start. I would feel so much better if I knew what kind of things we are going to or aloud to talk about.

Help: Hate therapist/First psychiatrist visit Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team