How to help my mother?
Hi everyone. About 8 months ago my dad left my mom. (I am a 25 year old female, so not a child when this happened).
My mom did not take it well. For a while my sister and I thought we would have to bring her to the ER on multiple occasions because she would go into day-long hysterics and refuse to eat. This was extremely draining for me and my sister (as selfish as that seems, it is really hard to take care of someone in that state).
My mother has since stopped the frequent hysterics, but I am growing more and more concerned with her 'normal' behavior. She constantly accuses my sister and me of 'siding with our father' (my sister has had no contact with him, and I have barely spoken with him and only out of necessity). She makes up conversations that never happened, and then asks us about why we said this or that - when we say we don't remember talking about that, she becomes furious with us for lying or betraying her.
Some weeks are better, and some weeks are worse. But I am scared for her and for us. I have tried to get her to see a therapist (she went three times before claiming that it would never help her). If I were to suggest this to her again at this point, she would say I thought she was crazy and that my father poisoned me against her...
I'm not too sure what to do, what are my options? I really want to help her but have no idea how to at this point.
0 comments:
Post a Comment