Dealing with the idea of "failing" at being successful
I'm a young 25 year old who bought into the whole concept of good education = good job prospects = successful life.
I put my parents in debt by insisting I just had to go to a prestigious high school because it would help me get into a good college with massive scholarships. It did not.
I went to college and put myself in debt for a degree. Moved across the country to get a job in my field. Ended up as a barista. After a while I gave up on finding a job in that field. So I went back to school and started to go for my masters in software development. I had been really good at it back during undergrad.
3 terms in and I'm utterly miserable. I've already pulled out of my classes for next term and I'm just trying to get through the last couple weeks of this one. But I'm stressed out to the max. My apartment is a shithole because between work and school I don't have time to clean. My mental health is going down the drain. I think about self harming all the time. Part of me wants to kill myself so it's over.
I have one project left due on sunday. I'm so confused by the material I don't even understand how to do it. My professor has done very little to help me. I feel so much anger directed at him. I don't even want to finish the term.
And yet even though I've already pulled out of next term and am taking a break from grad school indefiniately, I still can't accept the idea of failing this one class. Which is causing me to get even more upset. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.
0 comments:
Post a Comment