Saturday, January 27, 2018

Is Prozac and other antidepressants dangerous?

I've been on Prozac 10mg and 20mg for 2 months now, but I haven't noticed much positive effects. I started lowering the dosage in case my psychiatrist changes med, but I still have some doubts about whether to continue or not.

I saw a book at a library called Prozac Backlash, by Dr. Joseph Glenmullen. It talks about the dangers of antidepressants like Prozac and Zoloft. He mentions brain damage, lasting side effects, and safe alternatives like St. John's wort.

Is this true? Are antidepressants possibly dangerous? Or is this unfounded like the vaccine-autism scare?

I'm not sure what to do now, be it try Prozac longer/higher or switch medicine. I have mild or moderate depression (basically not severe), a little anxiety, a lot of indecisiveness. The psychiatrist says I'm a little obsessed with decisions (not full ocd) but that's why he prescribed me Prozac.

Is Prozac and other antidepressants dangerous? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team