Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Mental health testing and diagnosis questions (names of tests, etc.)

I've been abused for my whole life: I don't want to get into a lot of specific details but I was raised on a fundamentalist religious compound, and joined a cult as an adult, and finished up being scammed by a con man and living overseas in sexual servitude.

I've escaped that living situation and relationship and I'm in therapy with a psychologist.

She's refused to diagnose me. She says mental health diagnosis stigmatize people and she's protecting me. She also won't let me talk about my abusive past. She says it's not contructive. I feel very uncomfortable in her therapy sessions.

I think it's imporant for her to determine what's wrong with me mentally. I might be helped by being on medication or by a different treatment than she's using. Are there any tests I can inssist she perform or a specific named evaluation? Something I can ask my GP to refer to a different psychologist if she doesn't want to do it.

Mental health testing and diagnosis questions (names of tests, etc.) Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team