Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Facebook friend was shilling for book reviews, and I felt obligated to read and review it for him.

There is a guy I know shilling for reviews on Facebook for his book. It is a destructive piece of "literature" that uses religion to convince people going through pain that their inherent depravity is what is causing their issues. I read the book and was appalled. I truly think this book promotes destructive methodology and needs to be called out for what it is so I reviewed it.

I normally would just ignore something like this, but he was asking for reviews so...

"If I could give a lower rating I would. This entire book reeks of destructive methodology. The first chapters start with: #1 You're bad and deserve the bad things that happen to you. #2 A god exists that could save you from all the bad things. #3 You have to worship that god in exactly the right way for him to save you from bad things. #4 If you ever stop worshiping god the right way bad things will happen to you again. This is what an abusive relationship looks like. This is a textbook example of how an abuser grooms those they abuse. If you are depressed, suicidal, abused, or suffer from any other mental illness, get professional help from a licensed, state certified therapist. DO NOT risk your well being to such flawed methodology as is written in this book. " https://books.google.com/books?id=gntnCQAAQBAJ&hl=en

A Facebook friend was shilling for book reviews, and I felt obligated to read and review it for him. Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team