Friday, January 19, 2018

My brother's cocktail of meds:

Him: Diagnosed with "Delusional Disorder" many years back. Was seeing messages in license plates and felt a "group" was closing in on him and abruptly left his asst. professor job and drove to border of Mexico. I gave chase. It's been a long road back. On meds, he functions (has job, no dramatic, aberrant behaviors) but I'm greedy in that I'm trying to get him back to "100%". He appears dazed and a bit catatonic/depleted of life at times. He told me recently that he changed psychiatrists and is on the following group of meds: Klonopin Lamictal Wellbutrin Abilify Prozac (just added to mix)

I feel like there might be redundancy/overlap here and asked if I could attend the next meeting with doctor. He's agreeable. I realize I should be thankful to have him functioning and everyone's recipe for health is different but even my brother said the new doctor seems to have an attitude of "throw more meds at the issue". The doctor also merely inherited what the prescription was and piled on some of his own recommendations. At the very least he's got 2 "anti-seizure" meds there (for anxiety) and now 2 anti-depressants.

Thoughts/feelings/advice? Is this post more appropriate in another forum, another site? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Trying to stay more proactive with my brother's mental health.

My brother's cocktail of meds: Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team