Thursday, January 25, 2018

Red Rising series?

Hi all!

So I picked up Red Rising a few days ago bc I was in the mood for a gripping YA read to power through after reading a few heavier books. I just finished it tonight and I feel... totally underwhelmed.

I’m not meaning to hate on Brown at all, I thought it was an interesting world and his pacing was fairly decent, but I found the writing pretty sub par, there were a few consistency issues, and I really didn’t engage with any of the characters in particular. In truth, I found Darrow pretty damn irritating most of the time.

However, I’ve seen loads of people rave about this series - can anyone convince me that I should keep going with the next two books of the trilogy? Does it improve from here on out? I don’t want to give up on it but I’m also not super motivated to start the next one. I’d be interested to hear people’s general thoughts on this book and the series (but please no spoilers from books 2&3!).

~~~Bonus points for sharing your other favourite YA books/series. :)

Red Rising series? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team