Typed Stored Procedures, DataSets and DataTables vs. EF and LINQ
Old guy here... I've been doing things the old way for a long time. I design a schema, create the tables, constraints, views, SPs, etc in SQL Server. I then create datasets in my code that have methods for CRUD operations that call the SPs. and get datatables from table adapters for displaying data in grids and other controls. I can do it in my sleep. It has always been done this way according to the sacred texts since the beginning of time...
Now, though, I am being forced to learn to use EF and LINQ. I have to learn this new way of writing queries in my C# code instead of calling SPs - which to me just feels like a no no.
Please tell me why or if this business of EF and LINQ is better than the old way of my ancestors. ELI25, please. Thanks in advance for your patience.
EDIT: Title should be Typed DataSets...
0 comments:
Post a Comment