Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Does anyone know of a good blog post/book about how async/await works?

I've been using async/await for a while now, However, I feel like i don't really know how it works. For many scenarios, you don't need to know about the internals of async and await. I'll looking for a book or blog post that explains:

  1. What happens when you mark a method as async
  2. What happens when you await a method
  3. Why exactly Waiting Async methods is bad
  4. How async void methods works, and what happens if an exception was thrown
  5. How do async methods and threads work together? When is a new thread is created (from the thread pool) for a method and when it's not?

An ideal resource would go into the details (as necessary) and doesn't use analogies very much

Does anyone know of a good blog post/book about how async/await works? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team