Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Why is run as administrator required on Windows 10 even though I'm impersonating a domain admin?

I am using https://github.com/mj1856/SimpleImpersonation to impersonate an administrator so I can make changes to windows services from an app that's run by a user who is not an administrator. This works on Windows 7 with no issue. On Windows 10 I have to right click on the app and click run as administrator for it to work. Otherwise I get an error code 5(Permission denied) when my app tries to modify the services. The impersonation appears to be working. UAC is turned off. I don't see what to try next. I'm doing this from a winform app if that matters.

Why is run as administrator required on Windows 10 even though I'm impersonating a domain admin? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team