I think i need help
Hi everyone, I hope i am in the right place. Just really need to vent. Please excuse any typos, ‘cause I’m a mess at the moment. I’m a 20-year old girl, who just finished my 1st year of med school. I’ve always been an over achiever, and have (almost) always liked going to school. My parents (mostly my dad) always pushed me to do well in school and always had pretty high expectations. For most of my teenage years I’ve been dealing with anxiety attacks, after being a victim of bullying in 9th grade (being yelled at, being covered in bruises, the whole shabang). From grade 10-12, i was in a really great class, so they weren’t as frequent, usually only flarring up around exams. Now I’m in university. I don’t see my friends as often. I find it hard to relate to the people in my uni class, constantly thinking of myself as an annoyance and feeling exculded. Furthermore, i was diagnosed with stage 4 kienböcks disease about 4 months ago and now live with chronic pain. It disrupts my sleep, and i can’t concentrate. I just failed an exam for the first time because of it. (No worries, I can retake the exam) I keep switching between being anxious and just feeling removed from it all. My dad just told me that he doesn’t think i study enough, after I said I said i spend 42 hours per week studying.
I’m going to contact a therapist as soon as they open.
0 comments:
Post a Comment