Saturday, January 27, 2018

Anyone Else Feel Like You're Defined By Your Mental Illness?

I was over in /r/depression and someone posted about losing their identity. This really hit me because since I've been diagnosed with mental illnesses (anxiety and depression), my entire personality has disappeared.

I used to be really funny, outgoing, sociable, friendly, fun to be around... you know just genuinely cool (early 20s). Now I'm just an irritated, unstable, difficult to be around, mental nightmare (late 20s).

Ever since I started therapy and recognizing that I have these issues and trying to learn about them, that's all I am now. I am 100% absorbed by these problems while I'm trying to fix them.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does your real personality ever come back?

Anyone Else Feel Like You're Defined By Your Mental Illness? Click here
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The webdev Team