Possibly Bi-Polar?
I'm not for sure. I've never had therapy, haven't had a doctor visit in over 10 years (pretty healthy for the most part)...
I took some online screenings, including the M3 screening and came back with a score of 63 and possible diagnoses of Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder.
A few things that I viewed as "quirks" and annoyances may be symptoms:
-An almost OCD-type obsession with making sure things are off or locked (ie, checking the front door lock, making sure the stove or electric kettle is turned off, staring at a light switch to make sure its off, even though I can clearly see that the light is off)
-"Creativity Swings": writing and photography are two passions of mine, and I can experience extreme swings either way. Some times words fly off the page and I can't stop writing, other times I feel incredibly stupid and can barely put pen to paper.
-Mood swings. They're not violent, but I can swing from extreme personal positivity to moments where I get down on my knees and feel no desire to proceed with the day at hand.
-Energy swings: From barely being able to keep it together on one job to going to school full-time while holding four jobs, I can go across the spectrum.
As mentioned before, I've been managing this for 14+ years, and have never resorted to violence, alcohol or drugs for "treatment".
I'm not here to write a sympathy post; it's more about curiosity than anything else. I don't have the money, healthcare coverage (in the US) or luxury to go see someone, but I would like some opinions on what (if at all) this may be.
Many thanks, J
0 comments:
Post a Comment