What happens during a first psychiatrist visit?
I have been seeing a psychologist since September for grief, long term depression, anxiety and a host of other issues. She has recommended that I see a psychiatrist to inquire about meds. I can't disagree that I need more help that I am currently getting, but I am terrified of doctors and of being on meds.
After a month of waiting I finally have an appt in a few hours. I'm terrified.
I don't know what to expect? Is he going to want to do a physical exam on me or touch me in any way? What questions will he be asking? I'm very worried that I'm not going to be able explain myself well, and will be put on meds that make my problems worse, not better. Is he going to try to give me meds on my first visit?
It's 8am, and I'm having a full on panicy meltdown. Somebody talk me out of this, please, or I'm going to loose my nerve.
0 comments:
Post a Comment